Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sleep Slacker

Okay, so I stayed up WAY too late last night/early this morning...I couldn't even tell you when I actually fell asleep.  What was I doing?  Solving the world's problems?  Getting some darn laundry done for once?  Um, no.  I was cram-watching episodes of Dexter.  Boy was I feeling it today.  I woke up with a truly splitting headache that seemed to linger for hours.  Also, since I'm prego, my headache fighting arsenal is limited to Tylenol which generally has no effect (I can't wait to be able to take Ibuprofen again!).  I was barely able to roll myself off the couch - where I'd fallen asleep with the TV on - at 7:30 a.m., throw some clothes on and get to work at a respectable hour.  What possesses me to do that to myself?  Am I harboring some misguided desire to be a freshman in college again?  Somehow I don't think the "I just rolled out of bed and came to work in my pajamas look" will go over well when I have court appearances.  The most pathetic part of my Dexter binge is that I get the seasons through Netflix. That's right - I could have kept the darn DVD for as long as I freakin' wanted.  Now my day was negatively affected because I've been tired, had a headache and was rushed out the door.  I think a good goal for me would be to try to get my lazy butt into bed every night by 10:30 p.m. 

I'm constantly reminded about the Slight Edge at work in my life.  Last night was an example of making a dumb/bad decision that won't necessarily kill me or irreparably harm my life, but if I continue to make the same dumb/bad decision every night for years could do my life incredible harm.  Just say no!  Get some Z's.  If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:  television is the security blanket of America.  I need to SNAP OUT OF IT!  No offense Dexter - you're awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment