Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Auto-Failure

I think today's "Dilbert" cartoon is spot-on commentary about the laziness of modern life.  How many of you use the "auto-correction" feature on your cell phones?  And, by the way, should "auto-correction" actually have quotes around it?  Hmmmm.... for another day.  Anywho, I've only been using this feature for about a month or so because in the world of technology I'm about as current as an Atari.  My baby sister was the victim of my auto-correction use this past December when I decided to text her happy birthday wishes early in the morning.  Her nickname since birth has been "Doodles," so I texted "Happy Birthday Doodles."  Simple enough, right?  Not.Even.Close.  My cell phone, in all its inanimate glory changed Doodles to Fondler.  FONDLER?  I didn't notice of course until Doodles texted me back understandably confused by my carelessly tossed out birthday accusation.  For the record, I have no knowledge that Doodles has fondled anyone - intentionally or otherwise - but I suppose my cell phone might know something I don't.  Personally, I think my cell phone is a big 'ol perv because anytime I try to type the word "in" it replaces it with the word "ho."  Not cool Samsung.  Not cool. 

1 comment:

  1. Go check out my blog when you get a chance! There's something sweet there for you!

    ReplyDelete