Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Steps

Okay, so I’ve hit my first little work-out goal; that being, to work out 6 days in a row.  Woo hoo!  I haven’t updated my blog with the chart simply b/c it would become full of tiny little charts – I figure I’ll try to update those (both debt and working out) maybe once every two weeks or so; unless, I’m doing really awesome and feel the need to brag to cyberspace.  So, Monday through Saturday this past week, I really worked my butt off.  Today is my “off day” so-to-speak, so all I really did was make sure to stretch, drink lots of water, etc.

In many ways, I can’t believe that working out 6 days in a row would even be a goal of mine.  The “me” of three years ago would have scoffed at something so minor.  Up until then, I’d made working out my major hobby.  6 days a week?  That was nothing.  I would work out 7 days a week and, often, 2-3 times per day depending on my schedule.  Granted, that was a bit of overkill – I have a tendency to become addicted to whatever I’ve set my mind to.  At this stage in my life (married, baby, etc.) I don’t think I could become that crazy again even if I wanted to. 

So, baby steps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment