Thursday, January 6, 2011

DO NOT BUY FUJI FILM DISPOSABLE CAMERAS

The use of all CAPS in the title does not begin to describe how upset I am right now with Fuji Film and its disposable cameras.  As many of you know, our daughter Isla is a micro-preemie who has spent the first 11 weeks of her life in the NICU and, we anticipate, will be spending at least another month or more in the NICU before she can come home.  Well, since Luke and I can't be at the hospital all the time, we thought it would be a great idea to leave some disposable cameras up in Isla's room so the nurses could take pictures of her when we were gone.  We left two Fuji Film disposable cameras in her room over the last month and a half.  I took the first camera to get developed at a local Walgreens last week....only 4 pictures showed up.  I asked the gal behind the counter if the rest were simply kind of dark (when Isla was first born we didn't use flashes because it would have been sensory overload for her), but she said "no, they are just black - no photos to be seen."  I was crushed - and not entirely convinced that the Walgreens lady hadn't messed up.  So today, I took the second camera to our local Lewis Drug Store to be developed.  They called me within 30 minutes to tell me that only 4 pictures were visible and did I really still want the picture CD based on the low number of photos.  I couldn't freakin' believe it!  I must admit, there was a little crying done in the car ride over to pick up Isla's photos.  Effectively 1.5 months in pictures of our daughter's life is gone without a trace.  And since I took two cameras to two different businesses, there is no question in my mind that it was the cameras themselves that were wrecked and not the individuals developing the pictures. 

1 comment: