Friday, December 17, 2010

Ovenless Bun Update

Isla had a GREAT night last night and is doing well so far today.  I am so proud of her!  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/islamarie/journal

In other news:  I am absolutely loving the song "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.  I must have replayed it at least 4 times while I was breast pumping this morning.  So, yes....there I was hooked up to my pumping machine (hereinafter referred to as the "Suctionater") with the rate set on "good Lord, I think my boobs are going to be ripped off" and trying to chair dance to "Rolling in the Deep."  All the while, my trusty "Do not disturb" sign was on my office door which is the only safeguard between me and an office full of people, any one of which who would be traumatized upon seeing my impromptu jam session. 

Oh, and by the way?  Pumping is getting REALLY old.  Even though I do it every 3 hours, it feels like I've just finished when it's almost time to rev up the Suctionater again. *sigh*  I know it's good for Isla to keep up this madness, I just wish I had one of those hands-free pumping corsets so I could actually get some work done!  Although, in the interim, I suppose I have to settle for looking like this woman when I pump:

PumpEase Advertisement

....HA!  Just seeing if you were awake!  Yeah, right!  I'm still in the pony-tail, bags under the eyes, extra pounds on the thigh mode.  Besides, I only wear my ethereal headgear and shawl for Luke! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment