Thursday, December 30, 2010

Angelus Custos

By Loudielyn
I am haunted by flickering street lights.  Almost every night, as I’m making my way home or to/from the hospital to see Isla, there is always one (if not two and, one night, three) street lights that shut off exactly as I become parallel to them.  There is no rhyme or reason to the particular street lights – this phenomenon occurs on different roads and different times with different street lights.  It gives me the strange sensation that I’m being watched – maybe by an angel; however, whether the angel hails from the North or South Pole of Christianity, is not certain.  I’m hoping for north of course – maybe it’s Isla’s guardian angel letting me know that they’ll be keeping a close eye on her while I’m away.  It’s a thought that makes me smile.  Note to reader:  I understand that this is more than likely a simple coincidence and that I’ve simply been driven batty by more than two and a half months on the NICU roller coaster J
By Crazy_Winged_Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment